My name is Andrea Hood, and I am a personal development junkie. I love to learn – I mean seriously LOVE to learn.
Growing up I was a straight A student, graduated at the top of my class in both high school and college. While others were partying, I would spend my weekends working on homework and projects, always getting excited when I had new research projects to work on. (To be fair, I did do some serious partying in college, but still made Dean’s List!)
After college, I was lost for a few years before I started to get the itch that I needed to do something more with my life. That’s when I decided to go back to school to become a health coach, and when I decided to partner with USANA Health Sciences, a Network Marketing company.
Now I know Network Marketing gets a ton of bad rap from folks as being this sleazy sales thing, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that when you join the right company, it is anything but sleazy. The skills and tools I’ve gained since joining USANA are unmatchable compared to any formal schooling I had previously.
Since joining USANA I have met some of my closest friends (women who have a passion to serve the world as much as I do – nothing beats a community of like-minded people!). I gained financial knowledge and paid off my debt (I’ve been living debt-free since September 2013). I have grown leaps and bounds in every sense – spiritually, emotionally, physically – and that’s all thanks to personal development.
I dedicate time each day to my personal development, and that’s typically in the form of reading. If you’re someone who’s always on-the-go like I am, I highly recommend tuning into audio books. You can download them from the iTunes store or Amazon, or check them out from your local library.
Below is a list of my favorite personal development books that have really helped me on my journey. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have!
Best Personal Development Books
– Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki: This book is a serious game-changer when it comes to the way you think about money. Think of it as a gateway to educating yourself about how money really works, or should I say, how you can make money work for you. My husband and I both listened to the audio version of this book – I finished it in 2 days, and he finished it in 1 day. It’s that good. (And really easy to understand.)
– 15 Laws of Invaluable Growth by John C. Maxwell: I kinda love John C. Maxwell – love him in the way that I want him to be my grandfather kind of way. He’s full of knowledge and inspiration, and if you listen to this book on audio, you’ll experience his oh-so-soothing voice. Whenever I listen to this book (which is like 4 or 5 times now) I feel like John actually cares about me and helping me succeed in life. If you’re ready to grow, this book is for you.
– Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte: Oh how I love Danielle LaPorte! The Desire Map is half book, half workbook. It helps you dive deep into what you really want in life. A great time to read this book is when you’re going through a transition, need to be re-inspired, or right before the New Year. I read it last Decemeber and it has completely shaped my 2015. I plan on reading it again this holiday season. You can click here to purchase a copy of the Desire Map (This is an affiliate link. Thank you for your support – I so, so appreciate it!).
– Untethered Soul by Michael Singer: Are you ready to get deep? This book is deep. And I mean DEEP. It literally took me months to read, because I kept going back and reading pages over and over again. Really eye-opening when it comes to how much power your mind has over your everyday experiences.
– Sacred Success by Barbara Stanny: Another great read to educate yourself about your finances! Barbara Stanny shares her journey and insights when it comes to living an abundant life. Her story is really inspiring!
Are you looking for more time to enjoy things like reading? Want to dive into personal development? Click here to start your virtual vacation today and join my Free Yo Self 5-Day Challenge (it’s free!)